You can download files from Google Drive using wget. Before that you need to know that files in Google Drive are small and large sized.
Files less than 100MB are considered small, where files larger than 100MB are considered large.
The file must be shared publicly before being downloaded.
- Select a file that is need to be downloaded and do right click.
- Click Share. A dialog box will appear.
- Click Advance in the right bottom corner.
- Click on the Change.. under who has access.
- Make it On- Public on the web.
- Click Save button.
- Copy the link for sharing, something like ..
- Extrac FILEID part like….from above…. 1UibyVC_C2hoT_XEw15gPEwPW4yFyJFeOEA
For small file run following command on your terminal:
wget --no-check-certificate 'https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=FILEID' -O FILENAME
In the above command change the FILEID by above id extracted and rename FILENAME (with extension) for your own simple use.
For lagre file run the following command with necessary changes in FILEID and FILENAME:
wget --load-cookies /tmp/cookies.txt "https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&confirm=$(wget --quiet --save-cookies /tmp/cookies.txt --keep-session-cookies --no-check-certificate 'https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=FILEID' -O- | sed -rn 's/.*confirm=([0-9A-Za-z_]+).*/\1\n/p')&id=FILEID" -O FILENAME && rm -rf /tmp/cookies.txt